All rooms at Pā Maria are named after places of significance in the tradition of the Society of Mary.
The main corridor is called The Fourvière Corridor.
There has been a shrine dedicated to Our Lady on the hill of Fourvière in Lyon since 1170.
On 23 July 1816 the first groups of Marist aspirants climbed the steps to the shrine of Fourvière to make their commitment to the Marist project and to resolve to devote themselves to the foundation of the Society of Mary.
The main meeting room is called The Cerdon Room.
On 27 July 1816 Pierre Colin (one of the 12 Marist aspirants who met together at Fourvière four days earlier) was named parish priest of Cerdon, a small town located near the Swiss border 76km from Lyon and in the Diocese of Belley.
His assistant was his newly-ordained younger brother, Jean-Claude Colin [the Founder of the Society of Mary].
Jean-Claude Colin lived at Cerdon from 1816 until 1825.
He considered Cerdon as a place of significant graces for himself and for the Society of Mary.
The Cerdon Room can seat a maximum of 40 people.
La Neylière Room
The Prayer Room is called The La Neylière Room.
As early as 1842 Jean-Claude Colin had wanted to establish a place where the fathers and brothers could come and pause, refresh themselves and prepare for the next phase of the apostolate.
La Neylière was part of the realisation of that desire.
After his resignation as Superior General in 1854 Father Colin lived at La Neylière. His major work in his time there was to complete the Constitutions (or Rule) of the Society of Mary.
Jean-Claude Colin died at La Neylière on 15 November 1875 and is buried in the Chapel of the house.
The La Neylière Room is modelled along similar lines to the Dag Hammarskjöld Prayer Room at the United Nations building in New York – as a quiet room welcoming people of all faiths, or none, who see it as a place they can come to for peace and reflection.
The La Neylière Room can accommodate a maximum of 12 people and is used only for prayer and silent reflection.
The Morning Tea and Lunch Room is called The Belley Room.
Belley town was the main centre of the Diocese of Belley.
It was here that a number of things of great significance for Jean-Claude Colin and for the Society of Mary took place.
The Community Chapel is also available to retreatants and groups using Pā Maria.